You can be a Godparent to this child
Godparent: A godparent is an individual other than a child's
biological parents who commits to take interest in the child's upbringing and
What is Godparents.in ?
We are a non-profit organization with a primary focus on upliftment
of the underprivileged children in India.
Today, several NGOs are active across the country, directly providing children
with basic education, nutrition, sanitation etc, thus empowering them
with the confidence and skills to take control of their future.
Being a scattered and largely unorganized sector, NGOs often find themselves in
a predicament dividing time between raising funds and helping children. Godparents.in
aims at assisting such
NGOs by raising funds for them, and allowing them to concentrate on what they do
How it works ?
- You donate an amount for a child you wish to support
- We collect it on behalf of the child, and pass it to the caretaking NGO
- The caretaking NGO then provides for the child's necessities supported by you
- The transparency of our operations gives you the power to instantly track
exactly where your donations have gone, and to regularly monitor their real
impact on the children's lives.
FIVE steps to become a Godparent:
with Godparents.in for free
Find a child
you would like to support. If you are not an Indian citizen/NRI, you can support a
child with FCRA = 'Y'.
Assess the child's needs
from his/her profile and decide an amount you want to donate.
Contribute the required amount to the caretaking NGO (You may want to
, and our
before you make a decision)
Monitor the progress of
your Godchild through regular updates on their profile page, and that of the
partner NGO through their Annual Report (Check your entitlements)
A Godparent's Entitlements:
- A payment receipt, which can be
used for tax-benefit purpose (Indian tax-payers only), directly from the recepient NGO
- Regular update on Godchild's progress (through updates on child's profile)
- Annual Report on the activities of recepient NGO
Godparents.in partners with Hanuman Media for publicity and outreach. We wish
them good luck for their project 'In Transit'.